Thursday 8 January 2015

In one of my earlier Blogs I wrote about the SAR-NG10’s and made brief mention to the Baldwin No 2 built for the ‘Eastern Province Cement Company Ltd. This loco being of the same class as the 60’s built for the SAR but built as a one off in 1930 for the Cement Company. As we know it still survives and has been restored and maintained on the Brecon Mountain Railway http://www.breconmountainrailway.co.uk/no-2-locomotive. Back in June 2011 I took the time while in Cardiff visiting a client re my day job, to take the afternoon off a visit the BMR ,hopefully my photo’s of No 2 on the day do credit to the fine job of restoration by the BMR. If you are in the UK and can get over to the BMR it is worth the visit. If you are going to see No2 I advise to call them before hand to make sure she is in service to avoid disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment